Wednesday 11 May 2011

Rachel McAdams Covers Elle June 2011

banner
Rachel McAdams graces the June 2011 cover of 'Elle' magazine. In the interview, the actress chats about her role in 'Mean Girls' and working with Owen Wilson in 'Midnight in Paris', but also about finding inspiration in her parents’ marriage and her expectations when it comes to relationships.
Rachel McAdams graces the cover of Elle's June 2011 issue. Inside the magazine, the beautiful 32-year-old Canadian-born actress strikes a few sexy poses, looking extremely alluring and provocative. It seems that Rachel McAdams became one of Hollywood's sweethearts since Woody Allen wrote a movie for her and Diane Keaton is her biggest fan.

In the interview with 'Elle' the actress opens up about her career and the critics’ reaction to 'Morning Glory', but also about her romantic character and finding inspiration in her parents’ marriage.
"[They are] Still together and still in love. I’m very blessed that way. I had a great example of love in front of me, and that’s probably what makes me such a romantic, because I’ve seen it firsthand," Rachel says about her parents.

And 'The Notebook' star, who is currently dating Michael Sheen, admits she is the romantic type of girl. "I am. When Billie Holiday comes on, I can’t help but be transported—and I’m sure it wasn’t as romantic then at all—but that’s the wonderful part of my job: dressing up and walking down the street in New York or Toronto, pretending I’m in the ’40s."

As for her expectations regarding relationships and love, Rachel told 'Elle' that, "You grow up and you assume that everyone is like that, and you quickly realize that they’re not, and then you have those days when you wonder if you’re going to find it for yourself. It’s such a hard thing to find. I think it was more that realization that rocked me."
Rachel's latest movie 'Midnight in Paris', written and directed by Woody Allen, will debut at the Cannes Film Festival this month. On working with Owen Wilson, the actress says that, "It’s definitely a different dynamic from the last time we were together. It wasn’t as fun being mean. I love that Woody likes good guys to be good guys and bad guys to be bad guys. Owen seemed to respond really well when I was a really bad guy."

On being rather uncertain when it comes to choosing a role, Rachel reveals that, "Sometimes I don’t think I’m the best person for the job. That was the case with Morning Glory. Sometimes I think, Really? You see me as this? Just because I don’t see myself that way, does that mean I shouldn’t do it? I tend to go, Is this the right decision? What are the ramifications of doing this part? You can start to overanalyze. But once I make the decision, it’s full steam ahead."

As for her role as the popular girl Regina George in 'Mean Girls', the actress admits she wouldn't have seen herself playing that part. "With Mean Girls, I originally auditioned for the part that Lindsay Lohan played. I wouldn’t have seen myself playing Regina at all. But when I read the script, I thought, Oh, this part is way more fun; I wonder who will play that," Rachel told 'Elle'.

Rachel also played Becky Fuller in Roger Michell’s romantic comedy 'Morning Glory' alongside a great cast including Diane Keaton and Harrison Ford. Still, the movie received mixed reviews and had a moderate success at the box office. "It’s funny, because so many people said to me, 'It’s the kind of film you don’t see anymore, done in a way that isn’t done anymore.' I thought that was a really positive thing, but apparently not. I only hear these businesspeople: 'Well, no one was sure who it was for," Rachel says about the critics’ reaction to 'Morning Glory'.
banner

No comments:

Post a Comment